Equity Gallery is pleased to announce the Members Invitational, an annual juried group exhibition featuring the work of Artists Equity members. The exhibition will be on view from December 9, 2016 through January 14, 2017, with a public opening reception on December 9, 6-8pm.
The 11 artists selected for the Members Invitational are James Buxton, Vicki DaSilva, Sharon Florin, Ambre Kelly, Leni Liftin, Alan Neider, Kambui Olujimi, Josef-Peter Roemer, John Tomlinson, Tenesh Webber and Deborah Winiarski. The exhibition will feature paintings, prints, sculptures and photography.
The work was selected by the following jurors:
- David Clements, Associate Director, Tanya Bonakdar Gallery
- Jill Conner, Art Critic, Curator and Founder of AS | Artists Studios
- Emie Diamond, Founder of The Curateur Collective
- Peter Gynd, Artist, Independent Curator and Director of Lesley Heller Workspace
- Emily Lenz, Director of D. Wigmore Fine Art
Artists Equity was founded in 1947 by over 160 leading American artists to promote opportunities for visual artists and to address business and economic issues affecting them. In this exhibition, we celebrate today’s artist-members through a diverse selection of outstanding work.